Top-Performance through the use of High Performance Fillers
The special properties of our High Performance Fillers also recommend their use in industrial paints. There are many proven factors here, such as high surface hardness, the possibility of low-cost formulation and the improvement of the chalk resistance. Outstanding weather resistance of industrial coatings with our High Performance Fillers provide excellent corrosion protection.
Effective corrosion protection with TREMIN® and MICA
The established corrosion protection pigment zinc phosphate was classified as an environmentally hazardous substance in 2004. Since then, attempts have been made to formulate epoxy corrosion protection coatings with alternative anticorrosive pigments. The best results in an aqueous 2K epoxy single layer varnish have been achieved with a combination of the silanized, blocky TREMIN® 283-600 AST and platelet-shaped MICA SG. In EP single-layer lacquer systems, the filler combination leads to a clear reduction of functional pigments or its total elimination. In addition, the corrosion protection properties are improved, proven by the salt spray test as well as the condensation water test.
Functional filler TREFIL® 1313-600 for 2K- PU High Solids
High Solid systems are an excellent option for VOC-compliant paints. Against the background of the VOC directive the maximum limit value of the volatile organic compounds content for such topcoats is 300 g / l. TREFIL® 1313-600 based on a natural calcium sulphate (anhydrite) and the silanized version enable to formulate more efficiently with good optical, mechanical and anti-corrosive properties, thereby reducing the VOC content.
Compared to the commonly used synthetic barium sulphate the use of TREFIL® 1313-600 EST/2 in a 2K-PU High Solid topcoats results in the following improvements:
- noticeable reduction of the volatile organic compounds
- superior surfaces through reduced viscosity
- highest gloss and lowest haze
- excellent adhesion
- reduction of blistering after 1000 h condensation water test
- enhanced anti-corrosion
- increased yield
Mineral fillers for powder coatings based on polyester resin
The market for weather-resistant powder coatings on a polyester resin basis is gaining increasing importance, because they have particularly good UV and chalk resistances.
Polyester coating powders create matte to high-gloss surfaces. They provide good mechanical properties and resistances, being weather resistant and chalk resistant and therefore well suited for outdoor applications.
The following advantages are achieved by using High Performance Fillers in comparison to the original recipe with TiO2:
- Better or comparable mechanical properties
- Further improvement of the mechanical properties due to the aminosilane surface coating
- Better or comparable results in the salt spray test and condensation test on steel
- Higher yield, thus more cost-effective formulating
- Excellent incorporability into the formulation
Innovative filler concepts for offshore rotor blades
Offshore rotor blades for wind turbines are built to withstand 20 years of operation without interference. Wind velocities of up to 500 km/h act on the blade tips. This area is also one of the weak points of the rotor blade. In addition, extreme weather effects like salt water and rain take their toll on the huge wings.
By using High Performance fillers in the coatings systems the resistance against rain erosion can be increased. The resistance can be further improved by an especially adapted surface treatment of the functional fillers.
- The resistance of rotor blade coatings to rain erosion is distinctly increased by using TREMIN® and SIKRON® in the pore filler.
- Surface treatment of the High Performance Fillers increases the resistance yet again.
- The best resistance is achieved by using surface treated MICROSPAR® feldspar
Take advantage of the unique features of our High Performance Fillers and talk to us about your requirements. It is worth it!