Kaolin is a natural occurring raw material, which is refined to an industrial raw material by extent processing. Kaolin is separated of its accessory minerals by water separator technique. The classification in different grain size distributions takes place through drum washers, cyclone classifiers and centrifuges. Subsequent dewatering by sedimentation, filtration and drying takes place. Bleachery and magnetic separator improve several kaolin products.
A calcination at 1000 °C transfers our white kaolin into a product ideally suited for rubber applications.
• hardness 2.5 (Mohs) / 3 (Mohs) for calcined clay
• density of 2.6 g/cm³ / 2.4 g/cm³ for calcined clay
• low thermal expansion: 5 *10-6/K (at T 20-300°C)
• pronounced platelet particles
• high aspect ratio (1:40)
• dispersion paints
• dispersion adhesives (i.e. PVA)
High Performance Fillers based on kaolin:
CHINAFILL, K-BRITE, CALK